A tyre puncture is one of the leading factors that cause several on-road discrepancies in the United Kingdom. Though the automobile market provides many DIY tyre repair kits as an option, experts recommend opting for puncture repair from a professional car workshop.
Are you looking for ‘puncture repairs near me’?
Then, we suggest you come down to Broadway Tyres & Servicing LTD. We are a reliable car workshop offering cost-effective services of puncture repair Grays. Our garage combines the latest tools and a team of certified technicians to deliver efficient and accurate car tyre puncture repairs.
At our facility, we sincerely abide by the rules and regulations stated in the BS AU 159 while carrying out this service and ensure maximum safety with uncompromised vehicle performance.
Checks we perform before the puncture repair service
Repairing all types of damage to a car tyre is not possible. Hence, our experts will perform a few checks to ensure your car tyres are repairable. These checks are as follows:
- The tread depth of a car tyre should be at least 1.6mm.
- The tyres should not have any exposed cords.
- The sidewalls of the unit should not have any damage.
- The damaged area should be less than 6 mm.
After ensuring that the car tyre meets all these parameters, we begin with the service.
About our puncture repair Grays
We follow one of the three puncture repairing processes Grays while conducting this service:
We follow these steps while performing a puncture repair according to the BS AU 159 guidelines:
- We will firstly dismount the punctured car tyre and mark the damaged area.
- Following this, we will use a 6 mm carbide mill cutter to make channels from the inside and outside of a car tyre.
- We will then use a pre-buff cleaner and clean the affected area and insert a patch to outline.
- We put a vulcanising solution on the buffed region and puncture channel and then insert a plug and patch to seal the damaged portion.
- Next, we seal the portion and plug and patch the area with an adhesive.
- Finally, we mount the tyre back onto the wheel assembly and cut the patch stem.
We will also check the tyre pressure level and ensure that the air pressure is within the optimal level.
Hence, stop searching for ‘puncture repair near me’ and come to us.
You can find us at BP Service Station, Dock Road, Grays, RM17 6EW.